A great place to stay active, the Jim Durrell Recreation Centre offers a wide selection of programs including various hockey, ringette, sledge hockey, figure skating and is home of the Ottawa Junior Senators. Amenities include Lightning Blade Skate Shop, and Scores Canteen. With two NHL sized ice surfaces, we are ideal for tournaments. We offer skating and hockey lessons, public skating, and summer hockey camps. Rooms available for rent include: Ellwood Hall (special events, weddings, meetings or banquets) and Bill Thompson Board Room (small meetings).
- Free public Wi-Fi
- On site parking
Location and Contact
Hours of Operation
July 10 to September 3
Sunday, 8 am to 9 pm
Monday to Thursday, 7:30 am to 9 pm
Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday - Closed
To browse registered programs available City-wide, visit our online Recreation Guide PDFs.
To search registered programs available at this facility, please visit JOINOttawa.
Browse the listing of drop-in activities
Rentals and Bookings
Browse the listing of rental spaces
The accessibility features of this facility are detailed below. While the City of Ottawa is constantly working to improve access, please note that not all parts of every facility are necessarily 'accessible for all' as facilities were built to meet accessibility standards of their time.
- Six designated accessible parking spaces
- Accessible path of travel from the parking lot to entrance with access aisle
- 16 metres from parking space to the door
- Cut curb
- Hazard indicator
- One accessible entrance
- Wide door (with power door opener) for wheelchair passage
- Accessible seating available
- Reception desks
- Accessible counters
- Floor area for manoeuvring a wheelchair
- Directional signs
- Tactile signage
- High contrast signage
- Lowered sink counters
- Lowered hand dryers
- Lowered drinking fountains
- Phone equipped with a telecommunications device for the deaf (TT/TTY/TDD)
- Stairs with no-slip surface
- Good colour contrast
Learn more about special needs and accessible services.