Skip to main content

Christ Church Cathedral Ottawa

414 Sparks St.   Map (link is external)

Exterior view of a Middle Pointed style of English Gothic stone church and bell tower, built in 1870.

The original parish of Christ Church Bytown was established in 1832 on unceded Algonquin territory. In 1870, architect King Arnoldi was commissioned to build a bigger church in the English Gothic style to harmonize with the new Parliament buildings. Named the Cathedral of the Diocese in 1897, it continues to nurture faith in creative and traditional ways, and is often used for ecumenical, interfaith and state events.

Open Hours
    Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 10:00 to 16:00
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 - 12:00 to 16:00
Building Features
    Shuttle
    Public Washrooms
    Disabled Access
    Free Parking
    Bike Parking
    Paid Parking
    Family Friendly
    OC Transpo Nearby
    Guided Tour Available