Skip to main content

Embassy of Hungary

299 Waverley St.   Map (link is external)

Exterior photo of a red brick two-storey mansion that resembles a castle with a corner turret.

The Embassy of Hungary is located in the historic Birkett Castle which was built in 1896 by Mr. Thomas Birkett, who served as Mayor of Ottawa. The building was built in the Baronial Gothic style, features towers, a crenellated roofline, wood panelling, a variety of fine ornaments, and stained glass windows. It was acquired by the Government of Hungary in 1994.

Open Hours
    Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 10:00 to 16:00
Building Features
    New Building
    Shuttle
    Public Washrooms
    Bike Parking
    Paid Parking
    Family Friendly
    OC Transpo Nearby
    'Canada 150' Photo Contest