Skip to main content

First Church of Christ, Scientist

288 Metcalfe St.   Map (link is external)

Exterior view of a Classic Italian style church made of sandstone built in 1913.

Constructed in 1913, Ottawa architect J.P. MacLaren designed the church in Classic Italian style. Using Ohio sandstone, Corinthian columns, pediments, a recessed doorway and a temple plan, it features a spacious auditorium and three-manual Casavant pipe organ. No photos during 10 a.m. Sunday service.

Open Hours
    Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 10:00 to 16:00
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 - 10:00 to 16:00
Building Features
    Public Washrooms
    Disabled Access
    Free Parking
    Family Friendly
    OC Transpo Nearby
    Guided Tour Available