Businesses that require a municipal licence

If you own or operate a business in the City of Ottawa, you may require a municipal business license. Below is a list of businesses that are licensed by the City of Ottawa and the locations at which applications for such licenses can be made.

Available at a City of Ottawa Client Service Centre

  • Amusement Place
  • Auctioneer
  • Exhibition
  • Flea Market
  • Food Premise (restaurants, bakeries, butchers & caterers)
  • Pet Shop
  • Public Garage (car dealers, car rentals, car wash, gas station, auto repair shop, auto body shop)
  • Rickshaw
  • Salvage Yard
  • Second Hand Goods Shop
  • Snow Plow Contractor
  • Temporary Sign Lessor
  • Tobacco Vendor

Other permits and licenses available at a Client Service Centre

  • Noise By-law Exemption Permit
  • Open Air Fire Permit
  • Pet Registration (Dog and Cat License)

Available at the Business Licensing Centre, 735 Industrial Ave.

  • Adult Entertainment Parlour
  • Adult Entertainment Store
  • All Night Dance Event (Rave)
  • Body Rub Parlour
  • Driving School
  • Exotic Animal Entertainment
  • Exotic Animal Rescue Establishment
  • Fireworks Pyrotechnic Event
  • Itinerant Seller
  • Kennel
  • Limousine
  • Lottery
  • Private Parking Enforcement Agency
  • Refreshment Cart and Vehicle
  • Rooming House
  • Taxi                                                                                                                                        

Business Hours

Business Licensing Centre
735 Industrial Avenue Counter, 2nd floor
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Client Services Centres