Team Ottawa Mission to India 2016
From April 18 to 22, 2016, Mayor Jim Watson will lead an important trade mission to India, to showcase Ottawa’s collective strengths in economic development.
This mission will visit New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
The mission will provide the opportunity for:
- Companies to cultivate relationships with prospective customers, partners and investors in India, and pursue new business opportunities
- Post-secondary institutions to identify and meet with prospective research and educational collaborators, and explore mutually beneficial partnership opportunities
- Delegates to work together to promote Ottawa as an ideal tourist destination for Indians, and a preferred Canadian destination for outbound foreign direct investment by India.
India represents an important partner and global market for our region, boasting strong economic growth rates over the last two years. The Indian economy also has the potential to become the third largest economy in the world by the next decade. According to the International Monetary Fund, the outlook for short-term growth is also positive as the Indian economy represents a bright spot in the global economic landscape. India also topped the World Bank’s growth outlook for 2015-16 for the first time, with an economic growth rate of 7.3% in 2014-2015, and projected growth rates of 7.5% to 8.3% in 2015-2016.
Who should register?
- Companies doing business and those looking to start doing business in India, particularly in the areas of:
- Communication technologies
- Digital media
- Film and TV
- Life science
- Professional services
- Security and defense
- Academic institutions seeking prospective research and educational collaborators
- Members of the tourism industry
- New Delhi: Located in the Delhi National Capital Territory and home to the Indian federal government, the Canadian High Commission to India and other embassies from around the world.
- Mumbai: Capital city of the state of Maharashtra, it is the financial epicenter of India and home to the Bollywood film industry.
- Bangalore: The hub of India’s IT industry, its well-developed private sector industries are similar to those that are dominant in Ottawa. Many of the world’s leading companies, such as Intel, Microsoft, Bosch and Cisco, have made Bangalore their home in India.
Mission Program Fee
Mission program fee of $500 for three cities includes:
- Hospitality events with government and business leaders
- B2B meetings and academic roundtables
- Ground transportation for mission related activities
- Business announcements and agreements
Not included in the mission program fee:
- Travel to and from India, and air transportation between mission cities in India
- Any personal travel expenses, such as hotels, meals (except for mission-related events) and other incidentals on this mission.
- Government fees and processing expenses to obtain visas
Please visit the registration site, hosted by our partners TiE Ottawa to register for the mission: https://www.123signup.com/register?id=pndrt