The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. To find out more, please consult the program description.
- Maximum grant: 50 per cent up to $5,000
To reduce the amount of contaminated runoff from buildings and yards by diverting clean rain and snow melt water away from sources of contamination and directing any contaminated runoff to an appropriate storage or treatment.
- Clean water diversion structures such as berms, eavestroughs, and ditches that direct clean water away from a contaminant source.
- Surfacing of livestock yards to collect or redirect runoff to an appropriate storage or treatment.
- All clean water diversion projects must discharge clean water away from any source of contamination, and not pose other hazards such as soil erosion.
- Berms, tile outlets and ditches must be properly protected against erosion.
- Contaminated runoff that is being directed to an existing or proposed waste storage, the storage must meet regulatory requirements.
- Applicants must provide a plan for disposal of the collected leachate if applicable.
NOTE: Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all legal requirements, including City by-laws, provincial and federal acts/regulations, and Conservation Authority permits/approvals.
- Permits and approvals
- Purchased material and supplies
- Contract labour and professional fees
- Reasonable in-kind contributions for applicant’s labour ($20/hr) and equipment ($50/hr) associated with the implementation of the proposed project
The Program reserves the right to limit the eligible amount for in-kind contributions for applicants based on the proposed project. Applicants must provide a detailed written accounting of all in-kind contributions submitted as part of the total cost for the proposed project. In-kind costs associated with completing the Program application, project planning, supervision, or administration, are not eligible for funding.
- Household eaves troughs
- New structures
Other Complementary Grants Available:
- Manure storage and treatment
- Washwater treatment
- Nutrient management/precision farming