The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. To find out more, please consult the program description.
- Annual performance incentive of $50 per acre per year, maximum 20 acres, maximum 3 years or end of Program
Seeding of over-winter cover crops to reduce soil erosion between crop rotations.
- Establishment of over-wintering cover crops on fields adjacent to a watercourse.
- Establishment of non-grazed, non-harvested (e.g. winter wheat, canola) cover crops.
- The cover crop must be verified by program staff before winter, or before tillage to ensure that the cover crop is providing at least 30% ground cover. Failure to contact staff and verify crop will result in non-payment of the grant.
NOTE: Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all legal requirements, including City by-laws, provincial and federal acts/regulations, and Conservation Authority permits/approvals.
Other Complementary Grants Available:
- Tile drain control structures
- Tile outlet erosion control
- Land retirement incentive
- Watercourse buffers
- Natural windbreaks