The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. To find out more, please consult the program description.
- Maximum grant: 50 per cent up to $5,000
New or innovative projects and practices that have a clear benefit to water quality. Projects will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Projects would be considered on a case by case basis, it is incumbent of the project applicant to demonstrate that the proposed project will protect or improve water quality.
- Projects that are predominately research in nature will not be funded.
- Applicants are encouraged to seek multiple funding partners. Applicants must identify all funding (potential and received) from other partners at the time of application.
- Projects must not duplicate work being done by other agencies or organizations.
- All grants are required to identify the ORCWP as a funding partner in any projects communication material.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact the Landowner Resource Centre as early as possible to discuss their project idea.
NOTE: Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all legal requirements, including City by-laws, provincial and federal acts/regulations, and Conservation Authority permits/approvals.
- Materials and supplies
- Contract labour and professional fees (including translation)
- Permits and approvals
- Reasonable in-kind contributions for applicant’s labour ($20/hr) and equipment ($50/hr) associated with the implementation of the proposed project
The Program reserves the right to limit the eligible amount for in-kind contributions based on the proposed project. Applicants must provide a detailed written accounting of all in-kind contributions when the application is submitted. In-kind costs associated with completing the application, project planning, supervision, or administration, are not eligible for funding.
- On-going operating costs
- Costs related to patenting a product
Other Complementary Grants Available: