The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. To find out more, please consult the program description.
- Annual performance incentive of $150 per acre per year, maximum 10 acres, maximum 3 years or end of Program
Retirement of marginal (e.g. low crop productivity) or fragile (e.g. erosion prone) lands adjacent to watercourses or wetlands.
- Planting native species will generally be required as part of the grant approval. It is recommended that a planting plan be developed in conjunction with local Conservation Authority staff or a private consultant for establishment of trees and/or shrubs.
- Care should be taken to select plantings that will not encourage beaver activity.
- The site must be maintained according to the approval project and verified by Program representatives to be eligible for annual performance incentive.
- Applicants are responsible for the care and maintenance of vegetation, including trees.
- Livestock must be excluded from the site.
- Any work on municipal drains must be approved by the City of Ottawa Drainage Superintendent prior to initiation. Applicants must provide a copy of the approval document.
NOTE: Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all legal requirements, including City by-laws, provincial and federal acts/regulations, and Conservation Authority permits/approvals.
Other Complementary Grants Available:
- Cover crops
- Natural windbreaks
- Watercourse buffers