The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. To find out more, please consult the program description.
- Maximum grant: 50 per cent up to $5,000
Installation of structures at tile outlets to control flow from the tiles during the growing season.
- Commercial tile drain control structure(s)
- Drainage headers to reduce the number of required control structures
- Retrofitting of tile drain control structures into existing tile drainage
- If tile drain control structures are installed on new tile drain systems, only the cost of the control structures and tile header is eligible for funding.
- City of Ottawa Drainage Superintendent must be informed of work completed along a municipal drain.
- Maintenance of the control structures is the responsibility of the landowner.
NOTE: Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all legal requirements, including City by-laws, provincial and federal acts/regulations, and Conservation Authority permits/approvals.
- Permits and approvals
- Purchased materials and supplies
- Equipment rentals related to installation of control structures and headers
- Contract labour and professional fees related to installation of control structures and headers
- Reasonable in-kind contributions for applicant’s labour ($20/hr) and equipment ($50/hr) associated with the implementation of the proposed project
The Program reserves the right to limit the eligible amount for in-kind contributions based on the proposed project. Applicants must provide a detailed written accounting of all in-kind contributions when the application is submitted. In-kind costs associated with completing the application, project planning, supervision, or administration, are not eligible for funding.
- Installation or repair of tile drainage system (e.g. tile runs and outlets)
- Construction of ditches
Other Complementary Grants Available:
- Tile outlet erosion control
- Erosion control
- Cover crops
- Watercourse buffers
- Demonstration project (under Educational Initiatives)