The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. To find out more, please consult the program description.
- Maximum grant: 75 per cent up to $2,500 per year.
Streambank erosion protection at tile outlets; does not include cost of tile outlets or tile runs.
- Funding is available to repair existing tile outlets only; tile outlets associated with new tile drainage installations are NOT eligible.
- All structures must include rigid outlet pipe, rodent gate, and proper rock protection with filter cloth underneath.
- All projects must be properly designed in accordance with the specifications included in the OMAFRA publication 832 entitled “Agricultural Erosion Control Structures – A Design and Construction Manual.” A link to the list of certified Land Improvement Contractors of Ontario (LICO) is available on the LICO web site.
- The City of Ottawa Drainage Superintendent must approve work completed along a municipal drain. Applicants must provide a copy of the approval document.
NOTE: Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all legal requirements, including City by-laws, provincial and federal acts/regulations, and Conservation Authority permits/approvals.
- Permits and approvals
- Purchased materials and supplies
- Contract labour and professional fees
- Equipment rentals related to repair of the tile outlets
- Reasonable in-kind contributions for applicant’s labour ($20/hr) and equipment ($50/hr) associated with the implementation of the proposed project
The Program reserves the right to limit the eligible amount for in-kind contributions based on the proposed project. Applicants must provide a detailed written accounting of all in-kind contributions when the application is submitted. In-kind costs associated with completing the application, project planning, supervision, or administration, are not eligible for funding.
- Installation of tile outlets and costs associated with tile drain installation
Other Complementary Grants Available:
- Tile drain control structures
- Erosion control
- Watercourse buffers
- Cover crops