The Ottawa Rural Clean Water Program (ORCWP) provides funding for projects that protect surface water and groundwater quality. To find out more, please consult the program description.
- Maximum grant: 50 per cent up to $5,000
Treatment systems for washwater from milkhouses, fruits and vegetables, and greenhouses.
Eligible projects include:
- Washwater storage in an existing or proposed storage system if:
- The storage meets Nutrient Management Act requirements.
- Milkhouse parlour washwater directed to a treatment trench system must prevent the first rinse cycle from discharging to the treatment trench.
- Washwater treatment via bio-filters or constructed wetlands.
- Manure dewatering systems (e.g. flocculators)
- Collection of leachate from the storage of a natural product such as agricultural silos only.
- Modifications to greenhouse irrigation systems to recycle washwater or recover nutrients
- Water conservation features may be funded provided other program standards are met
NOTE: Each applicant is responsible for ensuring that the project meets all legal requirements, including City by-laws, provincial and federal acts/regulations, and Conservation Authority permits/approvals.
- Permits and approvals
- Purchased supplies and materials
- Contract labour and professional fees.
- Permanent transfer piping from the milkhouse parlour or processing facility to a suitable storage/treatment system
- Permanent sump pumps plus all associated electrical connections
- Reasonable in-kind contributions for applicant’s labour ($20/hr) and equipment ($50/hr) associated with the implementation of the proposed project
The Program reserves the right to limit the eligible amount for in-kind contributions based on the proposed project. Applicants must provide a detailed written accounting of all in-kind contributions when the application is submitted. In-kind costs associated with completing the application, project planning, supervision, or administration, are not eligible for funding.
- Construction or installation of milkhouse parlours or processing structures
- Repair and maintenance of existing piping or nutrient recovery systems
- Portable sump pumps
Other Complementary Grants Available:
- Manure storage and treatment
- Nutrient management/precision farming
- Clean water diversion