The City of Ottawa is undertaking the preliminary and detailed design for the renewal of the Stagecoach Road Bridge Culvert (SN882380) over the Herbert Municipal Drain in Osgoode Ward. The project location is situated on Stagecoach Road approximately 250m south of Snake Island Road. The existing bridge culvert has reached the end of its service life and is in need of replacement. The City has identified the need for reconstruction of the following works:
- Replacement of the existing open footing concrete box culvert (1940s construction), with a comparable 3.0m wide, by 1.8m high precast box culvert.
- Placement of a distribution slab on top of the box culvert.
- Construction of curbs, headwalls, and cut off walls.
- Gabion wall construction for slope stability
- Guiderail installation to meet current design standards.
- Minor ditching and erosion protection measures.
Preliminary and detailed design: November 2015 – June 2016
Design assignment completion: June 2016
Construction start: Fall 2016
Construction completion: Fall 2016
Design: $100K (estimate)
Construction: $ 400K (estimate)
Public notification and involvement
The bridge culvert project is an end of service life replacement of a critical piece of infrastructure that is required to maintain the level of service of the roadway network in your area. As such notices will be provided to residents affected by the bridge construction, and the traffic detour in advance of the construction. Public Variable Message Signs (PVMS) will be posted in advance of the construction to notify motorists of the impending road closure.
For further information or to provide comments, please contact the City’s project manager:
Patrick Sammon, P.Eng.
Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Projects
Planning, Infrastructure and Economic Development Department
Design and Construction - Branch 1
100 Constellation Drive, Sixth Floor West; Ottawa ON K2G 6J8
City of Ottawa
Tel: 613-580-2424 Ext. 29843