Beginning in late July 2016, the City of Ottawa will begin construction work in your neighbourhood.
Who: The City of Ottawa Contractor, R.W. Tomlinson Limited, will complete the work.
Why: This work is being carried out to accommodate the growing traffic demands, service new housing developments and provide pedestrian/cycling facilities that will allow access and improve safety concerns.
What: The work includes the following:
- Widening Tenth Line Road from a 2-lane to a 4-lane roadway, from south of Brian Coburn Boulevard to south of Harvest Valley Avenue
- Installation of new watermain and storm sewers
- 2-new signalized intersections at Tenth Line Road at Southfield Way and Tenth Line Road at Harvest Valley Avenue
- Construction of a multi-use pathway (MUP) along the west side of Tenth Line Road
- Construction of a concrete sidewalk along the east side of Tenth Line Road
- New street lighting
- Overall project budget of $5.1 million
When: The contractor will commence construction activities in late July 2016. Construction completion is anticipated by September 2017.
Where: Construction will take place on Tenth Line road south of Brian Coburn Boulevard to just south of Harvest Valley Avenue.
There will be no major traffic disruptions. Two-lane traffic will be maintained along Tenth Line Road.
Accessibility is an important consideration for the City of Ottawa. The City makes every effort to provide access through and around construction sites. If you require special accommodations, please contact the undersigned.
R.W. Tomlinson Limited is assuming full responsibility for the construction work until it is entirely complete. They will take every precaution to minimize interruptions to the everyday life of your family and/or operation of your business. Should you have any inquiries once work commences, please do not hesitate to contact:
R.W. Tomlinson Limited
City’s Consultant Representative:
Patrick Hill, P.Eng.
MMM Group Limited
To obtain any additional information on this project, please contact the City’s Project Manager:
Marc Beauregard, P.Eng.
Senior Project Engineer
Infrastructure Services Department
Design & Construction – Municipal (East)
Tel : 613-580-2400, ext. 21848