Welcome to the public information session for the integrated road, sewer and watermain renewal project on Dynes Road and Prince of Wales Drive.
The purpose of this public information session is to present the design and to inform residents and business owners of the upcoming construction activities.
Please feel free to circulate, review the information presented, discuss issues with the City and the design team and to provide your comments.
- Replacement of an existing trunk storm sewer
- Replacement of select sanitary sewers and watermains
- Installation of a new local storm sewer along Prince of Wales Drive (Forest Hill Avenue to Sanford Avenue)
- Extension of 80m of watermain on Baseline Road, west of Prince of Wales Drive
- Replacement of the services to the property line where required including the installation of backwater valves
- Rehabilitation of the road with new pavement structure and the replacement of existing sidewalks
- Addition of a new sidewalk on the south side of Dynes Road between Fisher Avenue and Claymor Avenue
- Road geometry modifications along Prince of Wales Drive including new curbs, sidewalks, and cycle tracks
- Protected intersection designs at Dynes Road and Fisher Avenue and at Dynes Road and Prince of Wales Drive\
- Utility relocations as required
- Modifications to on-street parking
- Asphalt overlay of the cul-de-sac on the west side of Prince of Wales Drive opposite Forest Hill Avenue
- Implementation of the following additional traffic calming measures:
- Installation of two speed tables (i.e. flat top speed humps) along Dynes Road between Fisher Avenue and Prince of Wales Drive
- Installation of a raised pedestrian crossing on Dynes Road at the Claymor Avenue intersection (at the existing signalized crossing)
The project will be tendered in April 2017.
Construction will begin in the early summer of 2017 with completion in the spring/summer of 2019.
Thank you for your attendance. We encourage you to provide feedback on the upcoming construction by email or in writing using one of the comment sheets provided. Please deposit completed comment sheets in the box provided or mail/fax/email your comments to the address shown on the bottom of the comment sheet by April 7, 2017.
All information/comments received will be maintained on file for reference during the construction period. The information collected will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected and may be shared with the Ward Councillor for a consistent purpose. With the exception of personal information, all comments will become part of the public record.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request.