You are invited:
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
6 to 8 pm
Richelieu-Vanier Community Centre – Kiwanis Room
300 Pères-Blancs Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1L 7L5
The City of Ottawa invites you to attend a drop in Public Information Session to discuss a construction project planned in your neighbourhood that is scheduled to begin this Spring.
Design drawings will be on display for your review. Representatives from the City, the design consultant and the Ward Councillor, Mathieu Fleury, will be available to discuss the project and to answer your questions.
Where: The streets included as part of this project are:
- Lavergne Street – Garneau Street to Ste. Monique Street
- Jolliet Avenue – Beechwood Avenue to Des Peres Blancs Avenue
- Montfort Street – Baribeau Street to Marier Avenue
- Ste. Cecile Street - Beechwood Avenue to Des Peres Blancs Avenue
- Garneau Street – Jolliet Avenue to Lavergne Street
- Ferland Street – Jolliet Avenue to dead-end
- Frechette Street – Jolliet Avenue to Lavergne St and east to dead-end
- Ste. Monique Street – Jolliet Avenue to Lavergne Street
- Hector-Hotte Way – Jolliet Avenue to Marquette Avenue
- Perrier Avenue – Lavergne Street to Duford Street
Who: Design consulting firm, J.L. Richards Limited, has been retained by the City of Ottawa to develop preliminary and detailed design drawings and specifications for a construction contract that is scheduled to commence this Spring.
Why: The purpose of the project is to renew the aging infrastructure on the affected streets.
What: Specifically, the works proposed include the rehabilitation and/or replacement of:
- Sidewalks, road structure and pavement
- Watermains and sewers
- Lateral services to the property line
- Utility reconstruction as required
When: The current project schedule is as follows:
- Design – Fall 2015 to Winter 2016
- Construction start – Spring 2017
- Construction substantial performance – Summer 2018
Accessibility is an important consideration for the City of Ottawa. If you require special accommodation, please contact the undersigned.
For further information about this project and/or to submit comments, please contact:
City's project manager:
Chris Bonisteel, P. Eng.
Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Projects
100 Constellation Drive
Ottawa, ON K2G 6J8
Tel : 613-580-2424 ext. 16741
Design consultant representative:
Daniel Lefebvre, C.E.T.
J.L. Richards & Associates Ltd.
864 Lady Ellen Place
Ottawa, ON K1Z 5M2
Comments shall be accepted until April 7, 2017.