You are invited:
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
7 to 9 pm
Southminster United Church
15 Aylmer Avenue, Ottawa, ON
The City of Ottawa invites you to attend an Open House to discuss a construction project planned in your neighbourhood. Preliminary Design drawings will be on display for your review, and staff will be available to provide information and receive comments.
Why: The City is designing and will be constructing new watermains and sanitary sewers in Old Ottawa South to upgrade infrastructure that has reached the end of its service life.
What: The proposed work will renew infrastructure in your neighbourhood and will involve the construction of new watermains and sanitary sewers along with full road reconstruction. House services will also be replaced up to the property line. Cycling lanes on Aylmer Avenue in the eastbound direction, and on Seneca Street in the southbound direction, will be implemented through pavement markings.
When: The City is planning construction activities within the project limits from May 2018 to June 2020, with winter shut down periods from November to April.
Where: The project limits are:
- Aylmer Avenue from Bronson Place to Seneca Street (cycling lane extends to Bank Street)
- Carlyle Avenue from Woodbine Place to Dead-end
- Colonel By Drive (under pathway) from Carlyle Avenue to Fulton Avenue
- Downing Street from Carlyle Avenue to Seneca Street
- Fulton Avenue from Woodbine Place to Bronson Place
- Pansy Avenue from Carlyle Avenue to Seneca Street
- Seneca Street from Grove Avenue to Colonel By Drive (cycling lane extends to Cameron Avenue)
- Woodbine Place from Fulton Avenue to Seneca Street
- Glen Avenue from Grove Avenue N/S to Seneca Street
- Grove Ave N/S from Glen Avenue to Grove Ave E/W (Brewer Arena)
At the Public Open House, residents are able to drop in during the hours noted above and review the preliminary plans for the project. Representatives from the City, the design consultant and the Ward Councillor’s office, will be available to discuss the project and to answer your questions.
Accessibility is an important consideration for the City of Ottawa. If you require special accommodation, please contact the undersigned.
For further information about this project and / or to submit comments, please contact:
Pat Sammon, P.Eng.
Senior Engineer – Infrastructure Projects
City of Ottawa
100 Constellation Drive, 6th Floor
Ottawa, ON K2G 6J8
Tel: 613-580-2424 ext. 29843
Phil Whelan, P.Eng.
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
115 Walgreen Rd, RR#3
Carp, ON K0A 1L0