June 22 to July 21, 2017
The City of Ottawa has initiated a functional design study to provide a cycling connection along Ogilvie Road between Blair Road and Montreal Road Key Map [PDF 478 KB]. This project was identified in the City of Ottawa’s Term of Council Priorities (2015-2018) and is intended to provide a multi-use pathway for pedestrians and cyclists to share on the south-east side of Ogilvie Road.
Review and comment on the functional design for a multi-use pathway.
Multi-Use Pathway Design
A 3m wide multi-use pathway is proposed to replace the existing concrete sidewalk between Blair Road and Montreal Road. The pathway has been aligned to minimize impact on adjacent properties, vegetation and infrastructure.
A segment of the pathway between Blair Place and Elmlea Gate is already under construction as part of the development of 2012 Ogilvie Road.
Notations on the design drawing provide additional detail in accordance with the following legend:
- A – Existing bus stop maintained
- B – New crossride
- C – Cyclists must dismount and walk through the intersection. Crosswalk raised to slow turning vehicles and P-Gates installed to slow westbound cyclists.
- D – Intersection modifications including new crossride by others
- E – Existing intersection maintained
- F – Pavement markings and signage to remind drivers to yield to cyclists and pedestrians.
- G – Channel realigned to slow turning vehicles and improve drivers’ sightlines to pedestrians and cyclists.
- H – Curb relocated and on-street bike pocket removed
- I– New 3m wide multi-use pathway replacing existing sidewalk
- J – New multi-use pathway by others
The functional design will be refined based on comments received from the public. The detailed design will be carried out in 2017 and 2018; construction timing will be determined after detailed design.
Tell Us What You Think
Complete the feedback questionnaire or email your questions/comments by Friday July 21, 2017 to:
Meghan Whitehead, P.Eng.
Project Manager, Transportation Planning
110 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1
613-580-2424, ext. 23152