Residents and visitors will have their choice of activities and events to participate in this long weekend, but road closures and detours resulting from multiple events will impact traffic.
If you plan on travelling on Saturday or Sunday, the following traffic impacts may affect your routes:
- Murray Street, between Alexandra Bridge and MacKenzie Avenue, and MacKenzie Avenue, between Murray and Rideau Streets, will close on Saturday morning for Navy Bike Ride. The westbound curb lane on Wellington, between MacKenzie Avenue and the Portage Bridge will also close for this event.
- Beginning this Sunday and every Sunday until Labour Day weekend the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway, Colonel By Drive and Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway will be closed to motorists between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. as part of NOKIA Sunday Bike Days. Additionally, a new loop to cycle in will close the Alexandra Bridge, Sussex Drive, eastbound lanes on Wellington Street, and the Portage Bridge, between 9 and 1 p.m., as part of festivities for the event’s launch.
- The Alexandra Bridge will be closed on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. for the Grand Prix Cycliste.
- Colonel By Drive will be closed between Clegg to Hogs Back Road on Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- The Tulip Festival’s closing weekend will impact routes along event sites and motorists can expect delays along Preston Street, Carling Avenue, and Queen Elizabeth Drive.
Using transit to get to and from these events is a great idea to travel hassle-free and OC Transpo’s Travel Planner can help you find the best route to your destination.