Ottawa – Bank Street, between Exhibition Way and Holmwood Avenue, will be reduced to one lane in each direction starting Monday, January 11 to Friday, January 22. These lane reductions are required for construction work being undertaken by Hydro Ottawa.
Businesses remain open as usual on Bank Street during construction, although delays may be experienced for those using the Bank Street entrance/exit to Lansdowne. The public can use the Queen Elizabeth Driveway entrance to access Lansdowne to avoid construction.
Sidewalk access will not be affected by the construction.
Motorists, transit customers and cyclists traveling along Bank Street during this construction period can expect delays and are encouraged to visit ottawa.ca for tools to help plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit customers can plan their routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
For current information about traffic and construction around the city, visit ottawa.ca.