Ottawa – It’s Winter in the City and there is a lot to do in and around Ottawa.
The cold and the snow are just around the corner so get out and enjoy the season by going for a skate at a City facility, sign up for a course, join the excitement at Lansdowne for the Ottawa 67s or attend a Senators game, enjoy the arts at Centrepointe Theatres and Shenkman Arts Centre, or discover the past at a City museum or the Ottawa Archives. Don’t forget to cheer on the Ottawa REDBLACKS during the Grey Cup game this Sunday by stopping by your local establishment and wearing the team’s colours.
Be sure to check out Winter in the City to keep up to date on what’s happening around town this season.
Winter in the City look ahead:
Grey Cup Viewing Party at TD Place to watch the Ottawa REDBLACKS vs. Edmonton Eskimos. Free tickets available while quantities last.
Runs until November 29
Exhibit – Jason Paradis – Ottawa Night, Karsh Masson Gallery
Runs until March 19, 2016
Exhibit –Taverns and Troublemakers, Gallery 112, Ottawa Central Archives
Anne of Green Gables – presented by: Orpheus Musical Theatre Society, Centrepointe Theatres
November 20 until December 10
30th European Union Film Festival – Presented by the Canadian Film Institute
Free Workshop Wednesday: Play With Clay, Horticulture Building, Lansdowne Park
Ma première fois – Groupe Entourage – presented by: MIFO, Shenkman Arts Centre
Ottawa 67’s vs. Sarnia Sting, TD Place Arena, Lansdowne
- The Ottawa Guild of Potters Christmas Pottery Sale, Horticulture Building, Lansdowne Park
- The Snow Queen and the Goblin – presented by: OYP Theatre School, Shenkman Arts Centre
- Nepean Ottawa Diving Club Dive Invitational – Nepean Sportsplex
- Vintage Village of Lights – Tree Lighting Ceremony, Cumberland Village Heritage Museum
- Baz'Art – Holiday Show and Sale –Shenkman Arts Centre Presents
- Goodnight Moon & The Runaway Bunny – Shenkman Arts Centre Presents
- Parade of Lights Orléans
- Parade of Lights Stittsville
- Ottawa 67’s vs. Guelph Storm, TD Place Arena, Lansdowne
- Ottawa Farmer’s Market: Christmas Market, Aberdeen Pavilion, Lansdowne Park
- Gloucester Pottery School Holidays Pottery Sale – presented by: Gloucester Pottery School, Shenkman Arts Centre
November 28 to March 27, 2016
RBC Free Public Skate – Free public-skating sessions will be held in City arenas on Saturdays and Sundays courtesy of RBC
- Vintage Village of Lights – Opening Weekend, Cumberland Village Heritage Museum
- Cheer on Ottawa REDBLACKS at the Grey Cup game at your local establishment by wearing the team’s colours.
Ottawa Senators vs. Philadelphia Flyers, Canadian Tire Centre
December 2 until January 7, 2016
Christmas Lights Across Canada – Illumination of landmarks and sites along Confederation Boulevard — including Parliament Hill
- Molly Johnson – Presented by: Shenkman Arts Centre Presents
- Ottawa Senators vs. Chicago Blackhawks, Canadian Tire Centre
- Jump, jive and wail at the City's Big Band Dances – Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre
The Music Man – Presented by: Suzart Productions, Centrepointe Studio Theatre
- Mayor’s 15th Annual Christmas Celebration, Ottawa City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West
- Les Petits Ballets' Sleeping Beauty – Presented by: Les Petits Ballets, Centrepointe Theatre
- Handel’s Messiah – Presented by: Coro Vivo Ottawa
- Letters to Santa - Ottawa Central Archives, 100 Tallwood Drive
- Santa Claus Parades in Metcalfe, Osgoode, Richmond, Manotick, Constance and Buckham’s Bay
- Toronto Rock vs. Saskatchewan Rush (lacrosse) pre-season game at TD Place
- Salvation Army Santa Shuffle, Horticulture Building at Lansdowne Park
- Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders, Canadian Tire Centre
Before heading out to your next event, plan your route before you go. The City of Ottawa has a number of online tools at ottawa.ca to help motorists, cyclists and transit users get to their destination as easily as possible.