Ottawa – It’s Winter in the City and there’s a lot to do in and around Ottawa.
Enjoy the season by going for a skate at a City facility or signing up for a course. Join the excitement at a Senators game or at Lansdowne with the Ottawa 67’s. Celebrate the arts at Centrepointe Theatres and Shenkman Arts Centre, or discover the past at a City museum or the Ottawa Archives.
Due to the warm weather, the Sens Rink of Dreams is currently closed, but will re-open on Christmas Day starting at 1 p.m. For updates on the Sens Rink of Dreams, the Lansdowne Skating Court and the Ben Franklin Place Skating Rink keep checking ottawa.ca for updates. Also, public skating sessions at City facilities are free on weekends until March 27, 2016, compliments of RBC Royal Bank.
Be sure to check out Winter in the City to keep up-to-date on what’s happening around town.
Winter in the City 10-day look ahead:
Runs until March 19, 2016
Taverns and Troublemakers exhibit, Gallery 112, Ottawa Central Archives
Runs until March 27, 2016
RBC Free Public Skate, free public-skating sessions will be held in City arenas on Saturdays and Sundays courtesy of RBC
Runs until January 7, 2016
Christmas Lights Across Canada, illumination of landmarks and sites along Confederation Boulevard — including Parliament Hill
- Ottawa Senators vs. Boston Bruins, Canadian Tire Centre
- Ottawa Senators vs. New Jersey Devils, Canadian Tire Centre
December 30 to January 2
- Bell Capital Cup, Canadian Tire Centre and Bell Sensplex
- Hogmanay, Aberdeen Pavilion, Lansdowne
- Rick Chiarelli’s Alcohol-Free New Year’s Eve, Ben Franklin Place
- New Year’s Eve on Sparks Street, Sparks Street
- 5th Annual New Year’s Eve Comedy Night, presented by Shenkman Arts Centre Presents, Shenkman Arts Centre
- Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert, presented by Attila Glatz Concert Productions, Centrepointe Theatres
Plan your route before heading out to your next event. The City of Ottawa has a number of online tools at ottawa.ca to help motorists, cyclists and transit users get to their destination as easily as possible.