Ottawa - The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Friday,
March 25, Good Friday, and Monday, March 28, Easter Monday.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, March 29.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, March 29.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, March 26 and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, March 29. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the week of March 28. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential collection of bulky items, green bin and recycling container collection on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Good Friday’s pick-up will take place on Saturday, March 26 and Easter Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, March 29. Recycling container collection and green bin will also be delayed by one day for the week of March 28. However, multi-residential garbage collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regular scheduled day during the week of March 28.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule on Good Friday. On Easter Monday there will be minor schedule reductions and school routes numbered in the 600s and supplementary school trips will not be in operation. On Good Friday, as well as Saturdays and Sundays, a family may travel all day with a DayPass, which can be purchased for $8.30 from the bus operator when you board. A “family” can include up to six people with a maximum of two who are ages 13 or older. Call 613‑560‑1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613‑741‑4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open Easter Monday from
8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Telephone Information Centre (613‑741‑4390) will operate from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Good Fridayand from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Easter Monday,
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be closed Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
- Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
- Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the line remains open until 12:30 a.m. for inquiries and other general information
- Cancellation/information/general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m.to 12:30 a.m.
- Some pools, fitness centres and some arenas will be open on Good Friday and Easter Monday with modified schedules for public swimming, skating and fitness classes. Most pools, fitness centres and arenas will be open on Saturday and Easter Sunday. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Many registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled on Good Friday and Easter Monday. However, you should check with your facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- Site program – Site office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday, however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Arts centres, archives, galleries and theatres will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. However, you should check with ottawa.ca or your facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply. Karsh-Masson Gallery, the Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the OAG Annex at City Hall will remain open over the Easter weekend.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed from Friday, March 25 to Monday, March 28 for Easter weekend.
Municipal child care services:
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. They will operate as usual on Saturday, March 26.