Ottawa - The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day (Monday, February 15).
- Ottawa City Hall and all six Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centres located at 110 Laurier Avenue West and 580 Terry Fox Drive, will be closed on Family Day. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 16.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Family Day. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 16.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For the hearing impaired, call (TTY): 613-580-2401).
Garbage and recycling:
- There will be no curbside green bin , recycling or garbage collection on Family Day. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 16. In addition, the collection of garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of February 15.
- There will be no Multi-residential recycling container collection on Family Day. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 16. Collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of February 15. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of February 15.
- The Trail Road Landfill site is closed on Family Day, Monday, February 15
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule with minor reductions on Monday, February 15. Special school trips will not operate. The $7 DayPass will be valid as a Family DayPass. Call 613-560-1000 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. on February 15, except the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Telephone Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on February 15, while Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Most recreation facilities will be maintaining regular operating hours on Monday, February 15, and most instructional programs will run on their normal schedule for the day. Additional swimming and skating sessions will be offered at many sites to accommodate the Family Day holiday. Please check schedules at ottawa.ca or with the facility of your choice.
Arts and Heritage services:
- No public events are being held.
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will also be closed on Family Day.
- All branches of the Ottawa Public Library are closed on Family Day and there will be no bookmobile service. Regular branch hours and bookmobile service will resume Tuesday, February 16.
- 30 -