Ottawa - The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day, Monday, February 15.
- Sens Rink of Dreams, located on Marion Dewar Plaza at Ottawa City Hall, is open daily from 6 a.m. to11 p.m. The heated changing facility is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mayor Jim Watson invites residents to join him for the Mayor’s Annual Family Day Skating Party, complete with winter fun from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will include special guests and free hot chocolate.
- Skating Court, located at Lansdowne Park, is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., and the heated changing facility is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., weather permitting. Visit ottawa.ca to confirm if the facility is open.
- Ben Franklin Place Skating Rink, located at 101 Centrepointe Drive, is open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., and the heated changing facility is open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. weather permitting.
- Most recreation facilities will be modifying their hours of operation on Monday, February 15. There may be changes to schedules and program cancellations in order to provide special programming. Additional swimmingand skating sessions will be offered at many sites. Please check schedules at ottawa.ca, or with the facility of your choice.
- Check for any schedule changes due to weather. The City of Ottawa is a proud partner site for Winterlude 2016. Visit ottawa.ca for a complete listing of activities at City facilities.
- Visit the official Winterlude website for a complete itinerary of activities around the National Capital Region.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 16.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For individuals living with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling,garbage or bulky itemcollectionon Monday, February 15. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 16. In addition, the collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of February 15. For curbside collection inquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be nomulti-residential bulky items, green bin and recycling container collectionon Family Day. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 16. Collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of February 17. However, multi-residential garbage container collectionis not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of February 15.
- The Trail Road landfill site will be closed.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule on Family Day with minor reductions. Special school trip routes numbered in the 600s and 201 will not operate. A family may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $8.30 from the bus operator when you board. A family includes up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390, or visit octranspo.com.
- The OC Transpo Telephone Information Centre (613‑741‑4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Customer service (613-842-3681) – open regular hours
- Administration (613-244-1289) – open regular hours
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – open regular hours
- Reservations (613-244-7272) – open regular hours
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The latest Food Premises and Personal Service Settings (tattoo and body piercing studios, hairdressing and barbershops, nail salons, electrolysis and various other services) public health inspection reports are available online 24/7.
- SITE program – SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed; however, the SITE Mobile Van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres, Cumberland Heritage Village Museum, Pinhey’s Point Historic Site, Nepean Museum and Billings Estate National Historic Site will be closed. However, clients should check with ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed on Monday, February 15 for the Family Day weekend.
Municipal child care services:
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, February 16.