If you know an immigrant to Canada who embodies the entrepreneurial spirit, the deadline is fast approaching to nominate them for the 2017 Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards. The last day to nominate a friend, colleague, client, employee or employer who deserves to be honoured for their contributions to Ottawa’s economy is Friday, September 29.
Each year the City of Ottawa celebrates and recognizes the success and contributions of individuals who were born outside of Canada and now make Ottawa their home. The awards have been presented annually since 2012.
The awards are presented to select individuals who make a considerable contribution to Ottawa’s economy, with a particular focus on:
- Hiring, sourcing and purchasing locally
- Exporting goods or services from Ottawa
- Attracting tourists or investment to the city
- Launching new and innovative businesses in Ottawa
- Mentoring other entrepreneurs
- Helping other businesses succeed by providing time, expertise or knowledge
- Getting involved in, or giving back to, their community
If you know someone who fits this description, nominate them today!
The winners for the 2017 Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards will be announced at TiE Ottawa’s annual entrepreneurship conference, TiECon Canada on November 3, 2017. TiE is the largest network of entrepreneurs and professionals in the world, dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship. TiE Ottawa has been fostering entrepreneurship in the National Capital Region for 15 years by supporting budding entrepreneurs with mentorship, networking, education and global connectivity.