Queen Street will be closed between Lyon Street and Kent Street beginning Monday, March 20 at 6 a.m., due to construction work. Local vehicle access will be maintained. The closure is expected to be in place until the end of June.
Pedestrian access will not be affected by the construction and access to businesses will be maintained. Vehicles will still have access to parking facilities at Place de Ville and the Delta Hotel. Signed detours will be in place, and there will be no changes to OC Transpo routes or stops. There will be no on-street parking during construction.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit customers plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner(link is external) at octranspo.com – transit customers can plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city