Ottawa - The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for Remembrance Day, Wednesday, November 11.
- Ottawa City Hall and all six Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centres at 110 Laurier Avenue West and 580 Terry Fox Drive, will be closed on Remembrance Day. The West Carleton Client Service Centre will be open on Tuesday, November 10 (instead of Wednesday, November 11). Business will resume as usual on Thursday, November 12.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, at 100 Constellation Crescent and 110 Laurier Avenue West, will also be closed on Remembrance Day. Business will resume as usual on Thursday, November 12.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For the hearing impaired, call (TTY): 613-580-2401).
Garbage and recycling
- Recycling, garbage, and multi-residential container collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day on Remembrance Day with no changes to the collection schedule.
- The Trail Road Landfill site will be open on Remembrance Day.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule with minor reductions on Wednesday, November 11. Service is free on November 11 for veterans wearing their uniform or medals. Call 613-560-1000 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be closed on Wednesday, November 11, except the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 12:30 to 9 p.m.
•The OC Transpo Telephone Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on November 11, while Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- All pools, arenas and fitness centres will be open on Remembrance Day for public swimming, skating and fitness classes and following regular schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas will be offered on Remembrance Day.
Arts and Heritage services
- No public events are being held.
Municipal child care services
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed on Remembrance Day.
- All branches of the Ottawa Public Library are closed on Remembrance Day and there will be no bookmobile service. Regular branch hours and bookmobile service will resume Thursday, November 12.
- 30 -