Ottawa – Rideau Street from Sussex Drive to Dalhousie Street will be closed to all traffic starting Saturday, January 16, at 7 a.m. until Sunday, January 17 at 11 p.m. for construction related to a sign installation at CF Rideau Centre being undertaken by the Hudson's Bay Company.
Pedestrian access will be maintained and businesses will remain open as usual.
OC Transpo and STO buses will be accommodated at the Transitway bus stops on Mackenzie King Bridge. Impacts to transit service as a result of the closure are anticipated to be minimal. For information on service schedules, OC Transpo customers should visit octranspo.com and STO customers should visit sto.ca.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit users plan their routes and manage their commute including:
- OttawaNav – the City’s mobile application for real time construction and traffic information
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit users can plan their routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city
For current information about traffic and construction around the city, visit ottawa.ca.