Ottawa – It’s Spring in the City and there’s a lot to do in and around Ottawa.
Please note: there may be delays getting to events in the downtown core due to road closures. Visit ottawa.ca for the latest updates on the Rideau Street infrastructure failure.
Spring weather means increased programming at City museums, the Ottawa Archives and Ottawa’s many galleries including Karsh-Masson Gallery. Don’t forget to visit the Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame at City Hall.
Programs are also offered at Ottawa Public Library branches citywide.
Visit Spring in the City regularly for updates on what’s happening this week and in the season to come.
Spring in the City look-ahead (June 9 to 17):
Ottawa City Hall
- Nordic Walk: Urban Poling Workshop, Marion Dewar Plaza, June 13
- Indigenous Walks, Laurier Street entrance, June 17
- Firestone Collection and Laura Kaardal: Across the Intersection, OAG Annex (City Hall), until June 26
- David Kaarsemaker - Scrim , Karsh-Masson Gallery, June 14 to July 24
- Bash 2016: London Calls, a fundraiser in support of the Snowsuit Fund, Horticulture Building, June 10
- Dessertfest: The Ultimate Cheat Day, Aberdeen Pavillion, June 11 to 12
- 613Flea, Aberdeen Square, June 11
- Ottawa Farmers' Market, Aberdeen Square, June 12
- Stepping Out, Horticulture Building, June 16
- Asian Night Market, Great Lawn, June 17 to 19
Sports and recreation
- Free yoga on Parliament Hill (Wednesdays only) until September 28
- Ottawa Fury vs Rayo OKC, June 11
- Ottawa RedBlacks vs Winnipeg Blue Bombers, TD Place Stadium, Lansdowne, June 13
- Ottawa Champions vs Québec, RCGT Park, June 14 to 16
- Ottawa Champions vs Cuba, RCGT Park, June 17 to 19
Music and theatre
- The Who’s Tommy, presented by Orpheus Musical Theatre Society, Centrepointe Theatres, June 3 to 12
- Paint Nite, Sunset Cherry Blossoms, Shenkman Arts Centre, June 9
- Movies in the Market, Festival Franco, Byward Market (William Square), June 10
- The music of Steely Dan, Shenkman Arts Centre, June 10 (Sold out)
- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe!, presented by OYP Theatre School, June 10 and 11
- Ottawa Fringe Festival, University of Ottawa, Arts Court, Byward Market, June 15 to 26
Festivals and events
- Italian Week, Little Italy, June 9 to 19
- FUSE, Westboro, June 10 to 12
- Third Annual National Aboriginal Day Parade, downtown Ottawa, June 12
- Festival Franco-Ontarien, Major's Hill Park, June 16 to 19
- Festival Franco lunchtime concerts, Byward Market (William Square), June 16 to 18
- Glowfair, Bank Street, June 17 to 18
Museums and galleries
- Flashback Friday, Nepean Museum, June 10
- Branching out (art exhibit), Gallery 112, Ottawa Archives, until June 16
- Steven Fick: Rebirth, transformation, reconciliation - Trinity Art Gallery, Salon A, May 19 to June 14
- Ottawa Watercolour Society: That's Watercolour! - Trinity Art Gallery, Salon B, May 19 to June 14
Plan your route before heading out to your next event. The City of Ottawa has a number of online tools at ottawa.ca to help motorists, cyclists and transit users get to their destination as easily as possible.