Lighting a spark to Ottawa’s rural heritage! This charming museum depicts rural life during the 1920s and 1930s in a village setting.
As part of your visit, stop at the General Store, the one-room schoolhouse and see some of our antique vehicles at the unique village garage. Observe some of the traditional trades that ushered in industrialization and see what effect popular culture had on rural life. Families will have fun riding on the tractor-pulled wagon ride and visiting the farm animals. Listen in to the audio guide as a doctor from the past visits the museum village for the first time.
The Ottawa Valley Live Steamers and Model Engineers are on site every other Sunday to give rides on their model trains. Call ahead to avoid disappointment.
Bring a picnic and spend the day!
Take your class to Cumberland Heritage Village for our unique school programs. See the complete list.
Hours of operation
Open Wednesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. from May 12 to October 27, 2013.
After the season ends, you can contact the museum at 613-833-3059 to make an appointment for a private tour.
Annual family pass: $35
Extra fees may be charged for some activities
The Cumberland Museum is located 30 minutes east of downtown Ottawa and 10 minutes away from Rockland.
- Take highway 417 east to highway 174 (Orléans/Rockland turn off).
- At Trim Rd. the highway becomes two lanes, keep following until the set of traffic lights at the Village of Cumberland.
- Turn right at the lights on to Cameron St.
- Turn left at the stop sign on to Old Montreal Road.
- Follow Old Montreal for 1.5 km. The Museum is on the right hand side of the road.
- From Gatineau, Quebec, take the Masson-Cumberland ferry operating all day.
View our accessibility features. Work with us to shape your experience. Contact the museum before your visit to discuss your needs. Information about the accessibility of the facility, or our programs and services, is available upon request.
The Cumberland Museum welcomes volunteers. If you would like to act as an interpreter, researcher, gardener, or an event volunteer, please visit Museums and Heritage Programs for more information.
Become a member of the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum and help preserve and interpret your local heritage.
Benefits and privileges of family memberships include:
- One year's unlimited free admission to the museum
- 10% discount in the museum’s store La Boutique du Village
- First notice of upcoming events and public programs
- Family membership (two adults plus their children, under 18) is $35
- Rental facilities available for weddings or other occasions
- School programs
- Guided tours for groups
- Special events and Sunday series programming
- Murder mystery plays
- Museum boutique
- Picnic facilities available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Free parking
Consider the Cumberland Museum when planning your wedding, special event or backdrop for photography. A country celebration can be arranged in:
- A 1904 Victorian Gothic Revival Church: A popular choice for wedding ceremonies and lectures. Congregations are welcome to hold services in our lovely non-denominational church. Seats 120 guests.
- Turn of the century replica bandstand which offers another alternative for an elegant outdoor wedding ceremony.
- The large covered picnic area offers an ideal location for evening wedding receptions, corporate picnics, or barbecues.
Please call us at 613-833-3059 ext. 221 for more information about our facility rentals and on-site photography.
2940 Old Montreal Road
Cumberland, ON K4C 1E6
[ top ]