Want to ensure your home is as safe as possible from a fire? Make sure you follow the checklist below.
- Working smoke alarm outside all sleeping areas **
- Working smoke alarm on every floor **
- Home fire escape plan
- Carbon monoxide detector (if there are carbon fuelburning appliances)
- House number is visible from the street
- Cooking is not left unattended
- Smokers use safe ashtrays and don't smoke in bed
- Combustibles are kept away from furnace, heaters or stove
- Extension cords are not used in place of permanent wiring
- Electrical outlets are not overloaded
- Candles are never left unattended; and stable, non-combustible candleholders are used
- Matches and lighters are kept out of the reach of children
** Denotes mandatory
Wake Up! Only a working smoke alarm can save your life!