Important Black Bin Reminders:
- Paper and cardboard must be clean.
- Your black box should not weigh more than 15 kg when full.
- Have a specific question about an item? Check the Waste Explorer.
Black bin recyclable:
- Newspaper and flyers
- Magazines and catalogues
- Corrugated cardboard
- Telephone books
- Cereal and cracker boxes (remove plastic liners)
- Shoe and laundry detergent boxes
- Writing and computer paper, paper pads
- Hard and soft cover books
- Paper egg cartons, toilet paper and paper towel rolls
- Gift wrapping paper and greeting cards
- Clean paper shopping bags or paper packaging
- Frozen dinner boxes
- Clean pizza boxes
Place these items in your green bin:
- Waxed paper
- Food soiled pizza boxes
- Other soiled paper products
- Tissues and paper towels (soiled or clean)
- Coffee cups (wax lined)
Place these items in your garbage
- Cereal and cracker box liners, chip and cookie bags and canisters
- Chocolate bar and candy wrappings
- Wooden clementine and orange crates
- Foil wrapping paper, bows, ribbons
- Paper and cardboard lined with foil
- Fast food drink cups (plastic)
Find out what happens to your recycling.
[ top ]