From dance to sports, aquafun to leadership, kinder kamp to tripping around Ottawa, children of all ages can experience the day camp adventure in hundreds of Parks, Recreation and Culture summer camps. It’s the perfect opportunity for your child to meet new friends, develop social skills, keep active and have fun. Register now for summer camps!
Win a FREE week of Camp!
Win a Free Week of Camp Contest Rules
- You will automatically receive one (1) entry for each four (4) or five (5) day 2015 City Summer Camp registration that you complete prior to the Contest Closing Date of 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. June 1, 2015. You may register in-person, online, and/or by Touch Tone phone. You may also receive one (1) contest entry by writing to the City at a designated address (no purchase necessary).
- In order to be eligible for a prize, entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and be residents of Ontario, Canada at the time of entry. Employees of the City Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department, their spouse, and children are not eligible to win a prize. In addition any individual domiciled with an employee of the City Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department is not eligible to win a prize.
- Fifty (50) entries will be selected randomly and the selected prize winners will be contacted by telephone prior to June 13, 2015. Odds on winning depend on the number of entries. The prize for each selected winning camp registration entry shall be in the amount paid for the corresponding camp fee to a maximum of $250.00. Selected prize winners who entered the Contest by mail will have an opportunity to register for a four (4) to five (5) day 2015 City Summer Camp discounted up to a maximum amount of $250.00.
- Personal information (including name and telephone number) will only be used by the City for the purposes of administering the Contest.
- Full Official Contest Rules and Regulations
Forms to complete when registering
Forms are available online or at your recreation facility. Forms to be completed are:
Forms are to be submitted on, or before, the first day of camp. Participants must register in advance for camp programs
Childcare before and after camps
Childcare before and after camps is available at many locations. Contact your recreation facility for more information. Additional fees may apply.
Financial Support - Ottawa Hand in Hand
The City of Ottawa offers help with program fees so that all residents can take part in recreation and culture activities regardless of their ability to pay.
Should your child require special needs assistance, contact the program staff to make arrangements before the program starts. Specific special needs camps and summer activities for children, youth and adults are also available. Check the special needs section of the Recreation Guide for program details.
All Parks and Recreation camp counsellors are:
- Hired based on their experience and enthusiasm
- Certified in First Aid and CPR
- Certified through the Government of Ontario High Five training program
- Required to have a police reference check
Learn new skills, gain valuable experience and make a real difference in someone’s life. We are looking for reliable and responsible individuals to join our volunteer team. Volunteers must be 14 years of age and over.
Youth leadership programs
Leadership programs are offered for youth at various locations throughout the city. Choose from traditional leadership development programs, arts leadership or sports leader. Swimming certification courses are also available.