Coming Soon! Applications for the 2017 Civic Events Funding Program will be available in the summer of 2016.
New This Year!
The event does not need to be held on a Statutory holiday. Your community event can now be celebrated anytime during 2017.
2017 will be a year of big, bold, authentic and moving festivities, as Canadians mark the 150th anniversary of Confederation.
And we want YOU and your neighbours to team up to create exciting celebrations in your very own communities.
In honour of this milestone, the Ottawa 2017 Bureau is proudly investing $150,000 towards the Ottawa Civic Events Funding Program to help local organizations plan unique celebrations for Canada’s 150th birthday all across the city. The Ottawa 2017 Bureau will also provide pageantry kits that we call “Festival in a Box” to help integrate your events into our memorable programming.
So put your thinking cap on, connect with community members and local organizations and take a look at the following information.
What is the CIVIC Events Funding Program?
- The Civic Events Funding Program provides funding to local not-for-profit organizations, such as community groups and recreation associations to provide one or two day community events.
- In anticipation of Canada’s 150th birthday, a collaborative effort between the City of Ottawa and Ottawa 2017 will increase the funding amount available for these community events to $200,000 - four times the size of the current fund.
- In 2017, these events must demonstrate a focus on celebrating 2017 - Canada’s 150th. Event organizers are encouraged to partner on the delivery of these events.
What is the Purpose of this Fund?
The purpose of the Civic Events Funding program is to promote community spirit, unity and cohesion by holding community events.
- Have free admission; are open to and promoted to the general public
- Bring community members together
- Are held over one or two days
- Have a wide range of activities, family entertainment and attractions
- Foster civic pride
- Develop unity in the ward or district
- Are hosted within a specific geographic district or ward in Ottawa
Eligibility for 2017
Eligible organizations/associations are:
- Not for profit
- Ottawa based, located in and serve residents of Ottawa
- In good financial standing with the City of Ottawa
- In existence for a minimum of two years
- Managed by an active Ottawa based Board of Directors or Steering Committee
The planned community event must:
- Have a Canadian flavour
- Spark the imagination of Canadians and influence creativity. Igniting generations to think big, be bold and see themselves in a new way that they will carry forward for years to come.
- Brainstorm with your community
- Application forms will be posted
2017 January to December
- Produce events
- Pick-up pageantry
To keep informed on Canada’s Sesquicentennial celebrations in Ottawa, including details on the 2017 Civic Events Funding Program, register for the Ottawa 2017 newsletter.
For more information, contact email@example.com.