The City of Ottawa offers help with program fees so that all residents can take part in recreation and culture activities regardless of their ability to pay. If you are already a participant in a community or social service agency program, or if you are an individual or family with a low-income, you may qualify for the Ottawa Hand in Hand recreation and culture fee support program.
To apply for the Ottawa Hand in Hand, Recreation and Culture Fee Support:
- Step 1: Get the application form at any recreation or cultural facility or at a Client Service Centre.
- Step 2: Complete the application form.
- Step 3: Bring the completed application form to your local recreation or cultural facility. A supervisor will review the application for approval.
More information on the fee support program:
- Residents of all ages are eligible for Ottawa Hand in Hand, recreation and culture fee support.
- Applications can only be approved at a recreation or cultural facility.
- Residents are encouraged to apply for the Ottawa Hand in Hand fee support as early as possible before the program registration period. Each qualifying individual, or member of a family, is eligible for an annual amount of fee support ($170 per person).
- Participants can register for recreation and culture programs or activities at any of the program registration locations across the City.
- Applicants are encouraged to pay a minimum of 25 per cent of the program cost. A parent or guardian can transfer all, or a portion of their Ottawa Hand in Hand fee support entitlement to a child or children in their household.
- Applications for Ottawa Hand in Hand, recreation and culture fee support are accepted at anytime.
For information and application forms please visit the nearest recreation or cultural facility.