The Woman Alive Program provides affordable physical activity programs to women on limited income in order to increase their capacity to care for their own health. The Woman Alive Leader's Manual displays how partnerships between two or more agencies can be an excellent method of pooling resources to offer an effective and affordable program.
The Woman Alive Leader's Manual is available in both English and French [PDF order form 69 KB] and is designed for community recreation professionals, public health departments, and other organizations working with women on limited incomes.
Come join this unique program at the following locations:
- Dempsey Community Centre: 613-247-4846
- Foster Farm Community Centre: 613-828-2004
- Jack Purcell Community Centre: 613-564-1050
- Kanata Leisure Centre: 613-591-9283
- Lowertown Community Centre: 613-789-3930
- Overbrook Community Centre: 613-742-5147
- Plant Recreation Centre: 613-232-3000
- South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre: 613-737-5115
For additional questions or to receive some health promotion resources, call Ottawa Public Health Information at 613-580-6744.