Being pregnant as well as having a baby can bring a lot of change into your life. We are here to help!
The Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program provides home visiting, to expectant mothers and families with children from birth to their transition to school, This program is designed to help parents who need more support give their children a healthy start.
A public health nurse is available to:
- Meet with you at your home to discuss how we can help your family
- Assess your family's health, including your child's growth and development, mental health, parenting challenges and stresses affecting your family
- Provide health teaching, counselling, and active support
- Help you to connect with community resources
- Involve other members of her team - family visitors and a social worker, as needed
The service is available in the language that you speak and there is no cost to you for this service.
To contact us:
TTY: 613-580-9656, Toll free: 1-866-426-8885
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
There are a variety of services to make it easier for your child to grow up healthy in Ottawa. Learn more.
Do you have more questions?