- Personal training helps you on your fitness journey whether you are a beginner, or have some experience but are looking for an extra push!
- Our trainers create customized workout plans and will offer you motivation and support to get through your workouts and to realize your fitness goals!
- Our staff are highly-trained, certified professionals that draw from a variety of exercise disciplines, including TRX, Kettlebells, HIIT, Yoga, and many more!
We offer several types of personal training. Pick the option that best suits your needs and budget. With prices starting at $23.75 a person, you do not want to miss out!
- One-on-One Personal Training where we will create a customized workout just for you. 60 minute session: $61.50
- Semi-Private Personal Training is a great opportunity to work out with a friend or family member! 60 minute session: $47.25 per person
- Small Group Personal Training is designed for 3-4 participants and is perfect for bridal parties, families and pre-“girls” or “guys” night out! 60 minute session: $23.75 per person
**A 10% discount is available for Seniors 65+.
How do I purchase?
To book your personal training session(s), you can either pick up in person or print off our Personal Training Request Form, and drop it off to the facility where you would like your personal training services. Once we have received your Personal Training Request Form, one of our trainers will contact you to discuss your goals and availability. For semi-private or small group personal training, all group members must pay at the same time to receive the discounted rate.
Please take note of the following terms when purchasing Personal Training sessions with the City:
- Each session purchased will have an expiry date set 365 days from the date of purchase.
- All sessions must be paid in full prior to the start time of your training session.
- Cancellations for personal training must be made within 12-hours in advance of any scheduled session. Not cancelling in time may result in the loss of the session (no credit or refund).
- Arrive wearing flexible, breathable, athletic attire, indoor athletic footwear, water bottle (not glass please) and hand towel if preferred. All personal items including clothing, outwear, gym bags, etc., must be stowed in a locker.
Where is it available?
Here is a list of our facilities where Personal Training is offered:
All training sessions are to be conducted at the facility where the personal training session(s) were purchased.
Frequently asked questions
How many sessions do I need to book?
This really depends on your goals. If you are looking for an introductory program to get started or learn about the equipment, often one or two sessions are all that is needed. However, if your goal requires regular program updates or you require ongoing support and motivation, then booking multiple sessions and speaking to your personal trainer about the number of sessions a week, is advised.
What if I buy multiple sessions but am not comfortable with the trainer?
Not a problem. You are not obligated to stick with one trainer. We understand that personal training requires a level of trust and rapport. If you do not feel that your current trainer meets your needs you can contact the facility to speak with a Program Coordinator who will help you find the best fit.
What will my personal trainer want to know about me?
When our personal trainers contact you, they will ask you about the fitness goals you have set for yourself. They will also want to discuss how often you can commit to training, and if there are types of exercises or activities you prefer over others. Discussion around realistic goal setting and expectations may also come up. This is to ensure that your goals are measurable over the course of the training program. Our trainers are dedicated to helping you reach success, but want to make sure it is done through a healthy and safe approach.
What should I expect out of my very first session?
Typically the first session is an introductory session. More time is spent discussing the training program, modifying it if necessary, and introducing you to the various exercises prescribed in the program. The intensity level in the first session is usually lower than subsequent sessions as well, because the trainer will need to verify your level of fitness, your technique and receive your feedback.
What do I do if the other members of my small group or my partner for the semi-private, is not available to purchase the visits with me? Will I still receive the reduced rate?
YES. Although it is easier to approve discounted rates when all members arrive together, there is another option to qualify for these discounted rates. Please contact your facility and speak with a customer service representative.
What do I do if the other members of my small group or my partner for the semi-private, is not available for the personal training session?
You and your members can decide to either cancel the visit (with 12 hours advanced notice) or you can attend the visit without the other member(s).