How to rent a sportsfield or ball diamond
The City owns and operates approximately 650 fields including ball diamonds, cricket, soccer, football and ultimate fields. Each year more than 270 organizations rent or use City of Ottawa sports fields.
To check availability of sportsfield and ball diamonds, please contact our office directly. Bookings are based on first come first serve.
- Complete the Sportsfield and Ball Diamond application form.
- Please provide alternative locations as your preferred site may not be available or suitable for your proposed event. Please clearly indicate if they are your second or third choice.
- Send the completed application form to Centralized Allocations at email@example.com. Please ensure that all fields have been filled out correctly before submitting.
- Once the completed application has been received by one of our staff, we will review all aspects and if required, request more information regarding your event. This process varies in length of time.
- A tentative contract along with information on how to make payment will be sent to you via e-mail. You will review, sign and return one copy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The contract will only be valid once we have received payment and the signed copy of the contract in our offices prior to the event.
- On the day of your event, you are to bring a copy of your contract along with your receipt to avoid any confusion.
All rates include HST. Rates are hourly.
|Facility Category||Rental Rate||Rental Rate with Lighting||Rental Rate||Rental Rate with Lighting||Rental Rate||Rental Rate with Lighting|
|Neighbourhood Level - 3A, 3B||$6||$18.90||$31||$43.95||$32.55||$45.50|
|Community Level - 2A, 2B||$7.20||$20.15||$34.95||$47.90||$36.70||$49.65|
|City Level - 1A, 1B||$8.90||$21.80||$46.15||$59.10||$48.40||$61.40|
|Premium - Artificial Turf Prime Time||$77.65||$103.55||
|Premium - Artificial Turf Non-Prime Time||$62.35||NA||$62.35||NA||
|Premium – Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park||$39.15||$82.90||$115||$158.80||$120.75||$164.55|
|Premium - Terry Fox - Main, West and North||$39.95||$67.50||$117.40||$144.95||$123.20||$150.75|
|Premium - Terry Fox - Track and Field||$55.85||$83.40||$118.50||$146.05||$123.20||$150.75|
|Sport field and ball diamond rental definitions|
|Minor||18 years of age and younger|
19 years of age and older
An activity that has the intent of generating a profit. This activity may involve the sale of goods or services or may require a registration fee prior to participation.
Artificial turf prime time
From April 1 to November 15 – weekdays 6 pm to 11pm
Weekends/Statutory holidays 8 am to 11 pm
|Artificial turf non-prime time||From April 1 to November 15 – weekdays 8am to 6pm|
A neighbourhood field adjacent to a school or other neighbourhood attraction, suitable for use by junior leagues. Amenities consist of a single field that may be of regulation size and may include a parking lot.
|3B||A single field that may be of regulation size and may or may not have goal posts or outfield fencing, but is suitable for entry-level developmental leagues or for informal practices.|
A field (or a group of fields used simultaneously) that facilitates adult and competitive league play. Amenities can include lighting, bleachers, parking and a field house similar to 1A amenities, but of a more limited capacity.
|2B||A field of regulation size, used by junior and adult recreational leagues. Amenities can include parking. There may be a washroom, field house, or bleachers at some locations.|
|City level||1A||A showpiece field with associated facilities suitable for international or national level of play. Amenities may include lighting, bleachers, washrooms, field house and parking.|
|1B||A field with support facilities, such as change rooms, used by competitive players from across the City and beyond for matches and tournaments. Amenities may include washrooms, field house, lighting, bleachers, and parking.|
|Premium level||Premium sports field with specialized amenities that are in high demand, such as specialized surfaces (For example, artificial turf fields, baseball stadium, a track or enclosed compounds). Amenities may include those listed for 1A.|
Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park
Conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa, the RCGT Park boasts a semi-professional ball field and large 800 space parking lot. The field and parking lot are available for rent by sports clubs, community organizations, private or commercial groups and individuals from May 1 to October 15.
Stadium highlights include:
- The field is grass with Mar-Co clay
- Left field 325 ft (99 m)
- Centre field 404 ft (123 m)
- Right field 325 ft (99 m)
- Alleys 380 ft (120 m)
- Limited seating capacity
- Washrooms available on site
- Wheelchair access available to grass picnic area
How to Find us?
- Located at 300 Conventry Road, Ottawa ON, K1K 4P5
- The Stadium can be seem from the Queensway (417)
- From either direction, exist the 417 at Vanier parkway heading North. Turn right onto Conventry Road and the Stadium is on your right
Frequently asked questions
How do I search for Sports Fields and Ball Diamond availability and rates?
- For an availability search please contact 613-580-2595 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Staff is available Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- City Wide Allocations is located at:
How do I book or cancel a Sports Field or Ball Diamond rental?
- Contact Centralized Allocations to request a Sports Field & Ball Diamond Application, or print the request for use.
- Return your fully completed application to Centralized Allocations via:
- Fax: 613-580-2683
- Mail: 101 Centrepointe Drive, Ottawa On, K2G 5K7.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the application is received by the City, staff will contact you regarding your request for rental.
To make any changes to your current contract please contact 613-580-2595 or send an email to email@example.com.
What is the cancellation policy?
Clients must provide thirty (30) or more business days notice prior to their rental date to amend or cancel a rental.
Does the City provide equipment i.e. lines, bases and netting?
The contract holder is responsible for providing their own sporting equipment as well as having the field lined.
Do I need insurance?
- Insurance is required and can be obtained from the City of Ottawa
- If already insured or if you obtain from a private company please provide us with proof of insurance and send it by fax to 613-580-2683 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I barbecue after the game?
- The use of gas barbecues is permitted provided they are installed a minimum of a five meters distance from any building structure.
- Charcoal barbecues are permitted at designated sites only
- Please contact your facility/park rental representative for additional information
How can I book an Artificial Turf?
Artificial turfs cannot be booked online at this time. Please call 613-580-2595 or send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Terms and conditions
- Contract holders must have a copy of the rental contract available at all times.
- The City reserves the right to close City of Ottawa and School Board owned/operated fields without notice due to emergencies and unforeseen circumstances such as, but not limited to, inclement weather and urgent repairs. In such cases, the City will make every effort to provide the contract holder with 24 hours notice of the closure, however, such notice may not be possible in all circumstances. Affected contract holders will be informed of the closure through various mediums, including the City of Ottawa website, a rainout/closure phone-line (580-2595) and public service announcements.
- Access to City owned/operated fields and diamonds is not permitted prior to May 1 for baseball diamonds, and May 15 for sportsfields and softball diamonds. Access to the Terry Fox facility is not permitted prior to the second week in June.
- The City shall not be held liable for losses or any other damages that may be suffered by contract holders, their members or participants, resulting from the failure to supply game/practice time due to unforeseen circumstances such as, but not limited to, inclement weather, urgent repairs or maintenance to the fields and ball diamonds.
- Contract holders must vacate the premises and return them to their original condition at the end of the rental period.
- If applicable, all lights on playing fields and diamonds must be turned off by 11:00 p.m. at the latest.
- If applicable, dressing rooms must be vacated within 25 minutes of the end of the rental period specified in the rental contract.
- The consumption, sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages is prohibited at City of Ottawa premises, unless authorized by the City of Ottawa, and unless the appropriate permits have been obtained.
- The City reserves the right to designate City staff to attend any function to ensure that all regulations are being observed and respected.
Cancellations/Changes to contract
- The City shall have the right to cancel the rental contract immediately without notice if the contract holder, or any person(s) using the facility with the consent of the contract holder, fails to use low-flight balls or is found to be using any high performance bat (for example: titanium, double walled or water filled) as noted on the contract for specific sites.
- The contract holder agrees that sportsfield/ball diamond user time is not to be exchanged between organizations without prior authorization from the City’s Allocation Staff.
- Changes to contracts can only be considered subject to availability of hours.
Safety and insurance
- All contract holders using City of Ottawa premises should be equipped with proper First Aid supplies and have a person certified in First Aid on-site at all times.
- The City of Ottawa recommends that all necessary protective equipment be worn for the appropriate sports.
- Refer to Clause #27 of the Ottawa Rental Contract General Terms and Conditions for insurance requirements.
- For the information of contract holders, the City of Ottawa also administers an affordable third party liability insurance program that you can purchase directly from your city/community partner representative.)
Risk management and incident reporting
- As a proactive risk management practice, contract holders are encouraged to ask their participants to complete the Consent, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Form, attached as Annex A. Completed Consent, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Forms should be maintained for two (2) additional years after the game program has ended.
- Contract holders are required to immediately report injury and property damage incidents to the designated facility/park rental representative within 24 hours. Contract holders are required to adhere to the procedures identified in the Quick Guide Claim and Incident Reporting “Do’s and Don’ts Hints”, attached as Annex ‘B’.
- Contract holders are responsible for line painting on the field and are encouraged to ensure the contracted firm providing the line painting service maintains and provides evidence to the contract holder of their Commercial General Liability insurance coverage to a minimum limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury, death and damage to property, endorsed to add the contract holder and the City of Ottawa as additional insured. The City reserves the right to request a copy of such evidence of insurance coverage.
- Contract holders are responsible for infield maintenance after each game and practice (mound and home plate).
- It is the responsibility of the contract holder to ensure all garbage is disposed of in accordance with recycling practices and the direction of the Facility Manager.
- It is also the responsibility of the contract holder to ensure sportsfield and ball diamond lights are shutdown at the end of each booking. Failure to comply will result in the levy of additional lighting charges to the permit.
- Parking is not permitted on City of Ottawa parks, diamonds or fields. Parking at School Board facilities is restricted to designated areas only. Disregard for parking restrictions can result in cancellation of the rental contract(s).
Rainout or inclement weather
- If the City decides to close fields and diamonds during heavy rainfall or inclement weather, the contract holder agrees not to play on the affected fields and diamonds.
- Rain dates must be booked and paid for in advance.
- Additional charges for damages could be levied on groups who disregard City closure notices and continue to use fields, as indicated in Clause 9 of the Ottawa Rental Contract General Terms and Conditions.
Damage to sportsfields and ball diamonds
- The contract holder agrees not to play on damaged or closed sportsfields or ball diamonds.
- The contract holder agrees not to knowingly cause damage to sportsfields or ball diamonds. Refer to Clause 23 in the Ottawa Rental Contract General Terms and Conditions.
- If damage occurs to the premises as a result of the rental contract, the contract holder may be held accountable for all repair costs and may also have booking privileges revoked. Refer to Clause 25 in the Specific Terms and Conditions.
- Cases of extended shutdown will affect league play for the season and may cause the cancellation of future games. This will have an impact on the City’s Allocation Staff’s ability to provide an alternative location for rescheduling of play. The City will make every effort to best accommodate contract holders, but cannot guarantee the rescheduling of play.
- Installation of equipment and conduct of activities including but not limited to tents, motorized vehicles, portable toilets are not permitted unless prior authorization is received from the City of Ottawa.
Use of barbecues
- The use of gas barbecues is permitted provided they are installed a minimum of a five meters distance from any building structure. Charcoal barbecues are permitted at designated sites only. Please contact your facility/park rental representative for additional information.
- The contract holder shall be responsible for making its members, users and participants aware of these terms and conditions and for making a copy of these terms and conditions available for inspection by its members, users and participants, if requested.
Non-compliance with the terms and conditions of this contract could result in the immediate suspension of the contract(s) or a written warning. A second incidence of non-compliance will result in the cancellation of the contract.
Note: These terms and conditions are reviewed annually.