Childcare Subsidy Calculator

Important: This calculator is for reference purposes only. The exact parental contribution will be determined at your application or reapplication appointment. 

If you have recently immigrated to Canada, you can still apply for a Child Care Fee Subsidy but you will need to provide your Notice of Assessment, Canada Child Tax Benefit, or Ontario Child Benefit after you file your first income tax return.

If your financial situation has changed since the previous tax year, you may qualify for a fee reduction. You must provide verification that your adjusted gross income for this calendar year will be at least 20 per cent less than the most recent tax year. 


Enter line 236 from the Income Tax Notice of Assessment for yourself and your spouse*


Based on the information you have provided, your monthly parental contribution towards the cost of a licensed child care will be:


*Should you be receiving the Universal Child Care Benefit, your adjusted annual income as per line 236 of your Notice of Assessment may be reduced slightly.