Help paying for dental care and eyeglasses

You may be able to receive dental subsidies for children and adults who are Ontario Works recipients, belong to low-income families or are recipients of the Ontario Disability Support Program.

Dental care

Dental services for adults

  • Urgent dental care will be provided for social-assistance (Ontario Works) recipients and low-income adults who qualify for Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS).
  • Denture services covered under the Community Denture Program may be provided. However, the service must be pre-approved at a City Dental Clinic.

Dental services for children

  • The City will provide basic dental care for dependent children of Ontario Works recipients.
  • Low-income families without dental insurance may qualify for limited dental services.

Where to get dental care:

Ontario Works recipients

Contact a City dental clinic. If your child wishes to continue with the same dentist, the dental clinic will make the arrangements. EFA cannot pay for dental bills unless you obtain pre-authorization from a clinic.

A low-income individual

Low-income families and individuals can call 3-1-1 or 613 580-2400 to apply for Essential Health and Social Supports for dental care. If your application is approved, the City dental clinics will provide you with care.

Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Recipients

ODSP issues dental cards directly to recipients. You may see any private dentist who accepts ODSP. For further information, or to receive a dental card, contact your ODSP worker.

City dental clinics

  • 40 Cobourg Street (Le Patro) Tel: 613-580-9633
  • 2525 St. Laurent Boulevard (near Conroy Road) Tel: 613-580-9632
  • 400-1580 Merivale Road Tel: 613-580-9631


You can apply for financial assistance for special items such as eyeglasses. If you are receiving financial assistance from Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program, contact your case worker for more information.

If you are not receiving Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program you can apply to EFA. Be prepared to provide information about:

  • Your family size
  • The ages of your children
  • Your housing costs
  • Your sources of income
  • The items you own
  • Your expenses

Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to apply for help. The operator will direct your call to the right worker.