ODSP is provides income and employment assistance for people with disabilities.
If you receive financial assistance, you may apply to ODSP if you meet all of these conditions:
- You are disabled, or believe you are disabled
- You are over 18 years-old
- You have a substantial health condition expected to last more than two years
If you are not on social assistance, you can still apply to ODSP. To apply, contact the Ministry of Community and Social Services at 613-787-3951.
Medical information review
The Disability Adjudication Unit will contact you directly to review the medical portion of your application. You do not need to go through this step if:
- You are receiving CPP disability
- You are 65 years or over
- You are already receiving Ontario Works disability support and your condition is not expected to improve
ODSP compared to Ontario Works
ODSP provides significantly more funding than Ontario Works. If you do not qualify for ODSP the first time you apply, then you will have to use the Ontario Works asset levels.
It sometimes takes several months to determine if you are eligible for ODSP. If you cannot wait for help, you can apply for Ontario Works. The Employment and Financial Assistance branch can help you to apply for ODSP.