World Wildlife Day
Monday, March 2, 2015
6 p.m. Environment Trade Show
7:30 p.m. Panel discussion
Jean Pigott Place, Ottawa City Hall
110 Laurier Avenue West
Did you know?
- Canada is proud to join 170 other countries to celebrate World Wildlife Day to raise awareness of the world's fauna and flora.
- Ottawa has over 2,660 hectares of natural areas within its boundaries.
- Ottawa supports over 500 species of wildlife.
The City of Ottawa invites you to this interactive event on urban areas and wildlife conservation including:
- How do animals live in the city?
- How do we grow as a city with green spaces for wildlife to live?
- There are many possibilities if we work together
This esteemed line-up of thought-leaders and wildlife conservation champions will share experiences on how cities and communities can contribute to wildlife conservation.
Councillor, Capital Ward
Chair of Environment Committee
Chair of the Ottawa Stewardship Council
Brenda Van Sleeuwen
Conservation Biologist, Nature Conservancy of Canada
Send your questions and thoughts to email@example.com and we will do our best to ensure they are addressed at this event. Register here!
Lise Guèvremont, MCIP RPP
Planner, Land Use and Natural Systems Policy
Planning and Growth Management
613-580-2424, ext. 27784