Public Works and Environmental Services Department
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
Salary: $14.000 per hour (2018 rates of pay)
Category: Summer Opportunities
Employment Group: Summer Student
Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Roads & Traffic Operations and Maintenance (RTOM) and Parks, Buildings & Grounds Operations and Maintenance (PBGOM) branches.
High School Graduate.
Minimum of four (4) months but less than eight (8) months of related experience is required.
Client services and clerical / office work and experience.
English oral, reading, writing required.
French oral, reading, writing may be required for some positions.
Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
Students must supply own CSA-approved, green patch safety work boots.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Records Management Information System (RMIS)
• Must posses experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance
• Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the workplace and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City policies and procedures.
• Accurate keyboarding skills
• Ability to work independently
• Posses tact and discretion with secure documents
• Follow written and oral directions
• Work responsibly with minimal supervision
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply" button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online .
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411