Other tickets include but isn’t limited to driving offences, By-law tickets, summons, red light cameras, etc. For more information about POA tickets, please view the “Where to find your ticket or infraction number” section on this page.
Option 1 - Pay the fine
- VISA, MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
- Prepaid or reloadable credit cards or gift cards cannot be used.
- In order to protect the identity of our clients and safeguard the City of Ottawa’s assets, a service charge applies to each ticket payment in addition to any other service charge applied by your financial institution. Fees payable are calculated based on 1.75% of the ticket amount owing to a maximum of $3.00 vice charge applies per ticket in addition to any other service charge applied by your financial institution.
For fine payments, please call 613-580-2638 Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 4pm.
For all other court-related inquiries, please call 3-1-1 and dial option 3 to speak to a City of Ottawa agent.
Note: for parking tickets, please call the automated payment system at 613-738-7719, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Send your payment to:
City of Ottawa
Fine Payment Office
P.O. Box 3430, Station D
Ottawa, OntarioK1P 1J4
When sending a payment in the mail:
- We only accept cheques or money orders by mail.
- Cheques and money orders are payable to the City of Ottawa. You must include the ticket number on your payment method.
- Cash or credit card payments are NOT accepted by mail.
- Payments are credited only when received and processed, not the postmarked date.
Option 2 - Plea of Guilty with Submissions as to Penalty
This service is currently not available due to COVID-19 closures.
Option 3 - Requesting a trial date
- If you would like to request a trial date for when the court offices open, please complete the Notice of Intention to Appear (NIA) form.
- Trial requests are not currently available due to COVID-19 closures.
Complete the back of your ticket and send to:
Provincial Offences Act Office
100 Constellation Drive, 1st floor
Trial Request Updates
If your request for trial is approved, you will receive a trial date in the mail once court offices are open. To find out the status of your case, please visit the Provincial Court Look-up Tool.
Other POA Services
You may verify the status of your Extension or Re-opening application by using the City of Ottawa’s Look-Up Tool.
Requests for Disclosure can be made by filling out the online application form.
Extension of Time to Pay
If you require more time to pay your fine you may submit a Motion for Extension of Time to Pay Fine Time To Pay form. Your application will be carefully reviewed by a local Justice of the Peace before it is granted or denied.
This process can take up to 10 business days. You may verify the status of your Extension application by using the City of Ottawa’s Look-Up Tool.