Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all recreation and cultural facilities, including recreation complexes, community centres, arenas, swimming pools, theatres and museums are closed until further notice. The City is undergoing a phased reopening of services and programs impacted by COVID-19.
Indoor and outdoor facility rentals
- The City has cancelled all existing indoor rental agreements for the month of July.
- The City will consider rentals of indoor space for up to 10 people on a case-by-case basis.
- Effective June 18 and as part of the Province of Ontario framework for re-opening the Terry Fox Athletic Facility will open with limited access for recognized organizations and athletes affiliated at the National and Provincial level for track and field only. The facility will remain closed for all other services.
- City programs, including fitness classes, are cancelled until further notice.
- Performances at Shenkman Arts Centre are suspended. Customers will be contacted regarding refunds and exchanges.
- More information regarding performances at Shenkman Arts Centre.
- Performances at Meridian Theatres at Centrepointe are suspended. Customers will be contacted regarding refunds and exchanges.
- More information regarding performances at Meridian Theatres at Centrepointe.
All existing arena bookings from July 1 to August 31 have been cancelled. However, the following businesses and organizations may rebook ice time at select arenas for training amateur or professional hockey and figure skating athletes, or to run amateur or professional athletic competitions, in groups of 10 or less - adhering to Provincial gathering restrictions.
- A national sport organization funded by Sport Canada or a member club of such an organization;
- A provincial sport or multi-sport organization recognized by the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture or a member club of such an organization;
- A professional sport league or a member club of such a league.
- A business or organization using the ice time to train amateur or professional athletes or to run amateur or professional athletic competitions.
Due to demand, the City is reopening some ice pads in July. The City has issued an invitation to all current permit holders to reapply for available July ice time. Only organizations that meet the requirements will be considered. Bookings will only be accepted by phone and email.
Teams must have:
- Valid insurance
- An attendance roster
- Permission from a governing body
All City of Ottawa fitness memberships expiring in the month of July will be cancelled and clients will receive a prorated refund. Memberships expiring after July 31 will be re-evaluated at a later time.
The City of Ottawa is undergoing a phased reopening of services and programs impacted by COVID-19. Learn more about Ottawa’s reopening plan and new safety measures.