2022 program information will be available at the end of October 2021.
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 4 pm
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The application must be filled and submitted through our NEW Online Portal.
The application for this program will go live in December 2021.
Objectives of the program
- To spark and support the creation, production, presentation, exhibition, and dissemination of the literary, performing, visual and media arts, and independent film and video within Ottawa’s bilingual and culturally diverse community.
- To support the educational, training and service organizations that foster the development of the arts in Ottawa.
- To support local professional artists of all disciplines and backgrounds.
- To support community-based artistic activities that develop local arts audiences and communities.
Types of funds
Literary arts fund
Supports production, presentation, dissemination and other professional activities that contribute to the development of the literary arts. Aimed at professional presenters of written and oral literary artists, and book and magazine publishers.
Performing arts fund
Supports creation, production, presentation, dissemination and other professional activities related to the performing arts including dance, music, and theatre. Aimed at professional choirs, bands, orchestras, ensembles, theatre companies, dance companies, presenters, opera and musical theatre groups.
Visual Arts / Media arts / Independent film and video fund
Supports activities that contribute to the development of visual and media arts, and film and video production. Supports exhibition, screenings, production of independent film and video works and of contemporary visual or media arts. Aimed at professional artist-run centres and public galleries, film and video production co-operatives, and professional artists’ and curatorial collectives.
Arts events & arts festivals fund
Supports arts organizations in the production and presentation of artistic programming for local festivals and/or events that celebrate and highlight artistic disciplines including literary, performing, visual and media arts, independent film and video, and multidisciplinary events.
Arts training & Arts education fund
Supports professional arts organizations with a mandate to provide arts training and/or arts education (including community arts). Open to all artistic disciplines. Groups must employ professional artists, instructors or educators and must pay professional fees.
- Arts Training provides professional instruction for the development of artistic skills.
- Arts Education provides opportunities to learn about the arts through direct exposure to, and/or participation in, professional artistic practices.
Arts services & Arts venues fund
Supports the umbrella activities of professional arts service associations and of venues dedicated to the presentation of the arts. Aimed at:
- Professional arts service organizations - associations of individual artists or arts organizations that carry out a broad range of functions such as cooperative promotions, marketing, administration, advocacy, networking, information dissemination and professional development.
- Professional arts venues - arts facilities that provide access to artists and arts groups and carry out other related services for the performing, visual, media, film and video, and/or literary arts.
Amateur arts fund
Supports community-based artistic activities that provide opportunities to local residents to participate in the arts. Aimed at supporting performance, exhibition, collective art making, and other community-based arts activities and includes music, theatre, literary arts, dance, visual and media arts, film and video, and multidisciplinary events.