City of Ottawa recreation facilities are available for those residents without power to charge their devices and use showering facilities at arenas, pools and recreation centres. Visit ottawa.ca/recreation for the list of recreation facilities near you.
However, some facilities are closed due to the outages. Here is the list of recreation facilities that are currently closed due to the power outages.
- Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre
- Richcraft Recreation Complex-Kanata
- Foster Farm Community Centre
- Beacon Hill North Community Centre
- Nepean Visual Arts Centre
- Belltown Dome
- Bellevue Community Centre
- Kanata Leisure Centre
- Bayshore Community Centre
- Manor Park Community Centre
- Rockliffe Park Community Centre
- Metcalfe Community Centre and Larry Robinson Arena
- Kenmore Community Centre
- Vernon Community Centre
- Osgoode Community Centre and Stuart Holmes Arena
- Fred Barrett Arena
- Rideauview Community Centre
- Carlsbad Community Centre
- Sarsfield Community Centre
- Bell Centennial Arena
Impacted municipal child care centres
Three daycare centres will be closed today due the ongoing outages:
- Foster Farm Child Care Centre
- Huron Early Learning Centre
- Charmian Craven Child Care Centre
Employment and Social Service Office
The east end Employment and Social Service Office on Ogilvie Road will be closed today. Service will remain open by email or phone, and residents will be directed as need to the nearest location.
Client Service Centres
North Gower Client Service Centre, 2155 Roger Stevens Drive, will be closed today to the ongoing outage.
Due to the outages, many residents do not have access to digital media. If you know family, friends and neighbours who are without power, please check in and share information and updates and encourage them to tune into their local news media.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.