Arts, heritage and events
Home and community
Parking, roads, traffic and transit
Planning, development and construction
Any residents who are planning on travelling into downtown Ottawa this weekend are encouraged to plan ahead and allow sufficient time to reach their destinations as there are some traffic impacts and delays expected.
- Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend is taking place on Saturday, May 27 and Sunday, May 28. This event involves intermittent lane reductions and closures on various roadways along the routes. A full listing of the lane reductions, road closures and times are located on the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend website.
- Ottawa REDBLACKS pre-season game against Montreal takes place at TD Place tonight at 7:30 pm
- The Great Glebe Garage Sale takes place on Saturday, May 27 and Ottawa Atletico play at TD Place at 2 pm, so there will be traffic and parking impacts in the Glebe.
- The closure of the westbound Highway 174, between Jeanne D’Arc Boulevard and Montreal Road, originally scheduled for this weekend, has been rescheduled to a later date. There will, however, be several on-ramp closures for Stage 2 LRT roadwork. For a full listing of closures, visit the traffic impacts page on ottawa.ca.
OC Transpo Service
- Transit is an affordable and convenient way to travel to this weekend’s events, with free parking at Park & Ride lots and transit fare included for REDBLACKS ticketholders.
- OC Transpo and Para Transpo service may be impacted by event-related road closures and traffic at various times this weekend.
- For help planning your trip and the latest service information, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000.
We would like to thank residents and visitors for their patience getting around this weekend and for participating in these exciting community events. Please consider using shuttles to Lansdowne or public transit where possible.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.